Old Town Hot Springs has an approximately 37 foot climbing wall as part of its gym. The climbing wall is included with the cost of membership or daily admission pass to our fitness center.
- We currently have auto-belay climbing, as well as top rope climbing*.
- There are no age requirements to use the wall, although participants must be between 25 and 310 lbs. per auto belay system guidelines.
- Children under 10 years old must have an adult remain with them while they climb. the climbing wall room is not intended to be used as a replacement for daycare while parents use the facility.
- Closed-toed shoes are required. Climbing shoes are available to rent.
*Top rope climbing is available for individuals, age 10+, who can pass the top rope test with our climbing assistant. Please see below for information on our Top Rope Belay Course.
Weekly Climbing Classes
Old Town Hot Springs offers a weekly Tuesday night climbing class that rotates in topic each week. Classes are $10 for members and $25 for guests (includes full facility access as well).
1st and 3rd Tuesday of the Month 6pm – 7:30pm
Top Rope Belay Class
- Participants will learn how to properly tie in and belay during this hour and a half-long safety course. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to use the top ropes during the open climb. All equipment is provided by OTHS.
2nd and 4th Tuesday of the Month 6pm – 7:30pm
Climbing for Beginners
- Participants will learn the fundamentals of climbing; putting on a harness, clipping into the auto-belay, selecting appropriate routes, and getting comfortable with the auto-belay. If you have never climbed before or it has been a while since you have climbed, this course will get you up to speed quickly and give you the confidence to tackle the wall.
Hours of Operation
Monday – Friday
10am – 6pm
Saturday – Sunday
9am – 8pm
Adult Only Climb (age 15+)
Monday, Thursday, & Friday
6pm – 8pm
*The climbing wall is only open during staffed hours.
You must sign a waiver before using the climbing wall and youth are required to have a parent or guardian sign a waiver. Please use the button below to complete your waiver. You can sign it now for your child if someone else will be bringing them to our facility.