Capital Campaign Construction Updates
Though we haven’t met our funding goal just yet, construction is set to break ground this fall with our new Pump House. This state-of-the-art and energy-conscious Pump House is a vital component of our pool reconstruction project and will help keep our pools running for decades to come. Here’s a sneak peek of what to expect:
New Pump House Construction Starts Fall 2022
What is a pump house? The pump house is where all the filtration and pumping equipment is housed. This system enables us to filter and treat all of our water. Our current pump house sits on the backside of the lap pool and will remain in use during the construction of the new building.
Pump House Features:
- 2-story tall building
- Large wrap-around outdoor community mural
- Expansive space for equipment to ensure our ability to maintain the pools and keep our water clean
Initial construction impacts from the Pump House should be minimal but include:
- The Old Fish Creek Falls Rd. parking lot will be closed starting this fall through the end of construction in 2024. There will still be 149 parking spots available in our other lots as well as ample parking for bikes.
- Sorry for the noise! We do anticipate some noise from equipment throughout the construction process.
- All hot pools and lap pools will remain open under pump house construction.
Interested in learning more about the Capital Campaign Project? Visit the links below or schedule a meeting with our Fundraising Director, Kate Warnke.
Groundbreaking Ceremony on December 14th
December 14th at 1:30pm. Please RSVP to join us as we celebrate the start of construction of the new Old Town Hot Springs Pump House! The groundbreaking ceremony is located at the Old Fish Creek Falls Rd. Parking Lot. Refreshments will be in the Community Room after...
Old Fish Creek Falls Rd. Parking Lot Closed for Construction
Exciting news! Our foundation building permit was approved by the City of Steamboat Springs, which means construction can begin on the new Pump House. Starting Thursday, December 1, the Old Fish Creek Falls Rd. parking lot will be closed, and fencing will go up....
Old Town Hot Springs Hires Wember Inc.
On June 1, Old Town Hot Springs officially hired Wember Inc. as the owner’s representative in the management of our Capital Campaign Project. Wember has represented owners in the project management of capital improvement projects since 2004. Their committed staff...