The course provides entry-level participants the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies and to provide care for breathing and cardiac emergencies, injuries and sudden illnesses until EMS personnel take over. The course provides individuals the certification necessary to be a lifeguard at Old Town Hot Springs and other facilities.
- Friday, November 5: 5:30-9:00pm
- Saturday, November 6: 9:00am-5:00pm
- Sunday, November 7: 9:00am-5:00pm
- Friday, November 12: 5:30-9:00pm
- Saturday, November 13: 9:00am-5:00pm
- Sunday, November 14: 9:00am-5:00pm
- Friday, November 19: 5:30-9:00pm
- Saturday, November 20: 9:00am-5:00pm
- Sunday, November 21: 9:00am-5:00pm
*You must attend all three days of in person class and 6 hours of online learning.
All classes are at Old Town Hot Springs. Lifeguard certification is FREE for well-qualified applicants who commit to working at Old Town Hot Springs. For questions or other certification date options, please reach out to Aquatics Manager, Grace Deacon.
Sign up for Course:
To participate in the Lifeguarding course, individuals must be able to complete the following prerequisites on the first day of class:
- Minimum age: 15 years
- Swim 300 yards continuously.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. Surface dive to a depth of 7 to 10 feet to retrieve a 10-pound object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
Check out Old Town Hot Springs employment opportunities: