2021 Best of the Boat Winner!
We are proud to be part of the vibrant, passionate, and committed Steamboat community, and we are even more proud when that community is a champion for our mission and goals. This year, we are blown away by the outpouring of support in the Steamboat Pilot’s 2021 Best of the Boat contest. Thank you to everyone who voted for us, including our very own team who showed the community that Old Town Hot Springs is a great place to work by voting us, Best Place to Work! These awards are a great boost to team morale and a wonderful motivator to just keep getting better!
We are also incredibly proud of our teammates that won individual awards. The Old Town Hot Springs team has persevered through a challenging two years and is the lifeblood of this organization. They make the magic happen daily and we are so grateful for their talent and support.
Congratulations to all winners!
Best Fitness Center/Gym
- 1st Place: Old Town Hot Springs
- This award is in large part due to the community’s and UCHealth’s funding of our fitness center renovation in 2019. Thank you for your contributions and support! Our world-class gym boasts two group exercise studios, a large cardio machines section, free weights and strength training equipment, a rowing studio, a spin studio, a functional training room, and an indoor walking track. Oh, and a 37-foot climbing wall too!
Best Yoga Studio
- 2nd Place: Old Town Hot Springs
- We currently offer yoga classes six days a week! With a variety of styles and experienced instructors, you’ll find our yoga classes are down-to-earth and fulfilling. Bonus: add a soak in our hot springs after class for a wonderful well-rounded wellness experience.
Best Place to Work (with 20+ employees)
- 2nd Place: Old Town Hot Springs
- It’s something that we all know, but are thrilled to share with the community; Old Town Hot Springs is a great place to work! With seasonal, part-time, and full-time jobs, we have something for everyone. If you care about health and wellness and supporting the Steamboat community, we’d love for you to join the team! Where else can you work in Steamboat that has an on-site gym, lap pool, hot springs, water slides, climbing wall, and massage suites (with discounted massage pricing for teammates too)? Check out our careers page to learn more!
Best Fitness Instructor
- 2nd Place: Janet Peasley
- If you know Janet, you’ll know that she is a bubbly and passionate advocate for fitness and she brings 100% energy to every class she teaches. Join one of her Les Mills BodyPump or BodyCombat classes each week to see what we (and the community) are talking about.
- 3rd Place: Mary Beth Arce
- Our Fitness Director says that Mary Beth Arce has the equivalent of a Ph.D. in Personal Training. She is truly an expert in her field and loves a huge variety of sports and activities. If you are ready to make a change or need support in recovery after injury, make sure you check out Old Town Hot Springs personal training program. Mary Beth also got 1st place in Best CMC Instructor!
Best Massage Therapist:
- 3rd Place: Ranada Townsend
- Not only is Ranada a fabulous massage therapist, but she is also a personal trainer. Her knowledge of the body is immense and she uses that knowledge in every interaction she has. If you want a Massage Therapist that will address problem areas and come up with a game plan to resolve those problems, she is your gal.
Best Youth Sports Coach:
- 2nd Place: Joanne Orce
- What does Joanne Orce NOT do?!? Not only does Joanne teach group exercise classes, run the ski fitness and tri-club program, personal train, and coach the Steamboat Springs Swim Team, she is also a talented artist! Youth love her (clearly) and she is setting an amazing example of how to find a passion and make a career out of it!
Thanks again to everyone who voted! Your support means the world to us!